3.15.2014

A LITTLE BIT OF MY MIDNIGHT


Let's just jump right into my weaknesses. I'm a dessert person, and I'm trying not to be, but we are what we are. With a mixture of baking love, a chocolate craving, and a need to photograph something this lovely thing came about at midnight. (Now, because I could eat dessert forever, but health is a piece of my studies amongst all the sugar you'll find here you'll eventually get healthy desserts, but tonight isn't one. We all get to indulge sometimes, right?)

No one is awake at midnight to share, so cravings must be satisfied in single serving form. I found the original recipe HERE. I'm in love with her recipes--and the fact that she's an awesome teen gem. But I modified it because I like to play, and honestly--I didn't have everything.  Also, I who always finishes dessert didn't finish this, so find a cute boy to share, or stick it in the fridge for breakfast, I won't judge you. Here's my version:

XXL Fudge Brownie Cookie Hybrid

+ 1 egg
+ 1.5 tbs butter
+ 1 tbs PB
+ dash of vanilla
+ 1 tbs brown sugar
+ 1 tbs white sugar
+ 1/4 c flour
+ 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa
+ 1/2 tbs baking powder
+ pinch of salt
+ square of dark chocolate

+Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix liquids (includes sugars) and after combined add your dry ingredients. Form a cookie shape in the middle of your baking sheet. (I had to add a little bit of flour to my hand because it is sticky.) Push bits of dark chocolate on the top and bake 10-15 minutes.

Mmm. Add some powdered sugar and a glass of milk or a scoop of ice cream for forever calories and a happy close to spring break.

xoxo,
mo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely understand how it's like to be a dessert person.. If I'm on a diet I am able to give up almost everything, but keep the Sweets!

www.le-journal-brule.blogspot.com