10.30.2014

REAL TIME



This is my real time state. Cuddled up on my couch, beneath the window, feeling humbled. My weaknesses made an appearance today, which seemed bound to happen after such a beautiful week. My stressors got the best of me, and for no reason at all. But, after spending nearly all day living in my weaknesses I looked for an answer to fix how I felt. Something to immediately make this tired day better. Here is what I found originally while updating myself on my Pinterest feed: "above all, never lose faith in your Father in Heaven, who loves you more than you can comprehend." But, if I'm being honest that didn't make me feel better, so I sought out the talk the quote was from. The first ten minutes of the fifteen minute talk didn't seem to suffice what I was looking for either. 

Then, by spirit, or Elder Hollands words, I don't know, I came to the conclusion that I'm just going to live today. Feel the anxieties and the weaknesses. Be sad for a day because I don't have to be shiny and beautiful every day. It's okay to have those weaknesses and to just know that this will pass. If the bitter cup doesn't pass, drink it. I'm not sure why this made me feel better, but it did. 

I feel like I'm pretty open here about hard days and emotions, but often social media is all the beautiful and shiny. So today was bitter-- if only to make myself feel better later or to resonate with one person to not feel alone. 

Tomorrow already looks better. 

xoxo, mo. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely agree. Sometimes it is alright to be sad for a way, to just accept that. And sometimes that even feels good, for whatever reason. I appreciate your honesty, your kindness, and your light. Keep shining mo!